Tomorrow Bella is scheduled for her next round of immunization shots. For those who read my entry for Bella's two month pediatrician's visit, you'll remember what a traumatizing experience it was for us. (Click here to read entry: "Day of Reckoning")
Truthfully speaking, Bella has long forgotten the pain from the shots (if she even remembered at all) while I have relived the distressing event over and over in my head like a broken record. I know I cannot endure another round of her painful, gut-piecing screams and I will not try to be brave in this matter. So I have enlisted the help of Jin who has dutifully volunteered to escort Bella into the injection room tomorrow. I hope that all goes well...
On a lighter note, Jin's younger brother, Sun, came to visit us this weekend. Sun is in the prime of his youth, ready and rearing to party like a true Vegas Rock Star. Unfortunately, to his dismay, it rained heavily the entire weekend, forcing us to spend much of our time indoors with nothing more to do than to stare at the walls.
We did manage to go out on Saturday night. We had dinner with friends and headed out to SF at the St. Regis Hotel where my friend, Myra, was having a farewell party. We were only gone for a few hours, but when you have a 4 month old baby, even a short outing requires coordination and advanced notice. We asked Betty, our nanny, if she would come to take care of Bella. Betty's youngest daughter, Daisy, came to keep her mother company while we were out. By the time we arrived home, it was nearly 1 am and we were absolutely exhausted. It was way past our usual 9pm bedtime. The night ended up being a typical outting with our close knit circle of married friends. I arrived home late, went to bed late, stressed about how I would invariably need to wake up in less than 5 hours when Bella awakes, and then woke up with a dull headache from the wine I had at dinner. Which got me thinking, is it worth it at all to even go out anymore? Next time we should just rent a movie...
Back to Jin's brother, Sun. This is the first time he has met Bella - the two had a brilliant time together! Bella cooed and giggled and affectionately pawed at his face upon meeting him. Which was quite a surprise since she has recently burst into tears in the presence of strangers. Perhaps it was his striking resemblance to daddy's face that made Bella feel so comfortable. And Sun was clearly comfortable with Bella, too. He eagerly fed her, burped her, and played with her.
Here's a picture of Jin, Sun and Bella:
What a great Uncle!




0 comments:
Post a Comment