People tend to fear that big changes in their lives (ie, getting married, or having a baby) will often disrupt their current lifestyles. For Jin and me, our jetsetting lifestyle was only slightly postponed by the birth of Bella. We are fortunate that we have family that are more than willing to stay with Bella when our travel plans call. In our current case, Jin's mom graciously came to stay with us while Jin and I attended yet another friend's wedding in NYC. It was great catching up with old friends again and tasting a bit of our past lives as single, carefree people. But our 5 days in NY were exhausting and towards the end of our trip I started to miss Bella dearly. In fact, we ended up changing our return flights to come home earlier. So much for jetsetting.
Fast-forward a few weeks and now Bella has really begun to develop into a beautiful little girl. She hasn't quite mastered any new words, but her comprehension of language is quite evident. She now clearly understands simple sentences like, "Bella, go get your shoes", "please sit down", or "give mommy a kiss". Some may say we're breeding a human robot as we bark commands at her to test her intellect. But I say we're developing our own language between ourselves that only she and I (and daddy) understand. It's quite amazing!
When I work at home during the week, Bella follows me around trying to see my every move. When I cook, she joins me in the kitchen, going through her designated drawer of "safe" untensils like wooden spoons and tongs. At night when grandma and I prepare for bed, she watches us apply lotion on our faces and she immitates by patting her own face. She has a whole roomful of toys but her favorite toys are ones that are everyday objects, like daddy's wallet or my cellphone. She takes all her "toys" and puts them in a purse and then swings it over her shoulder as she prances around - just like mommy!
All her new mannerisms are so endearing, but my favorite new trick is how she cuddles up in my lap when we watch TV together on the couch. Then when I ask, "Bella, give mommy a kiss" she reaches up to smooch me and then laughs hysterically! These days are so much fun watching her grow up. I can't believe she's mine...




0 comments:
Post a Comment