Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I Love Ice Cream

at Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Recently Bella tried an ice cream cone for the first time. Needless to say, she didn’t quite understand the concept of “licking” the ice cream. Here’s a clip of her first encounter with the cone:

Eating Ice Cream_02.jpg Eating Ice Cream_06.jpg

Like most kids her age, mealtime can quickly become a battleground if your toddler is a picky eater. Bella is the pickest of all. She refuses to try new foods and sticks to a handful of old standbys like chicken na-na’s (aka, chicken nuggets) and milk. As finicky as she is, we started getting concerned about her nutritional intake so the pediatrician recommended we give Bella a daily vitamin. So off to Costco I went to pick up a giant 1000 count bottle of gummy bear vitamins. Wrong move. It seems that Bella is quite fond of the lightly sweetened, chewy, gummy texture that self-dissolves with time to minimize chewing effort. The first day she tried one, she protested vigorously for another gummy bear. I tried to explain that she could only have one gummy bear a day. But I soon realized that teaching restraint to a 1-year-old is like telling a crack-head to stop smoking crack. Futile cause for sure.

“Bambi Bear, Bambi, bear, Bambi bear!”, she whined incessantly. I was likewise confused what Bambi Bear was until I asked Betty who deciphered Bella’s word-code. Apparently, on their daily walks in the morning, Bella pets a neighbor’s deer-shaped lawn ornament. She affectionately calls her Bambi and has confused Bambi with Gummy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez