Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vegas Baby, Vegas!

at Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Given that we just had a baby, we weren't sure if we had the guts to go on vacation this summer.  But Maddie is such a low-key baby and I was in dire need of a change in scenery.  So we decided to make a trip to Sin City for my niece's 1st birthday party. 

Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (10)
This was Maddie the whole plane-ride to and from Vegas - Hallelujah!

Lucky for us, or I guess I should say, unlucky for hotel proprietors, the economic recession has forced many to drastically reduce room rates; hence, there were amazing travel deals to the Land of the Flying Elvis (and elsewhere, I'm sure).  So we ponied up to stay in what Mr. Trump dubs, "the most LUXURIOUS hotel" off the strip, the Trump International Hotel. 

With baby in tow, we were looking for spacious living quarters for our 5-day trip.  And spacious is what we got.  The rooms were quite nice, but the service and our welcome package on the bathroom floor was no laughing matter.  I say welcome package to be polite, but in essence, we were greeted by finding a used feminine product on the bathroom floor.  If that is what The Donald refers to as "luxurious", I've got one thing to say to him:  "You're FIRED!!"  (you knew that was coming!   )  Enough about that traumatic experience.

Anyway, some of you have been curious to see the room, so here are some pics:

Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (17) Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (15)
Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (12) Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (14)
Nice rooms, minus the welcome package

But back to the reason for our trip, Faith's birthday.  Once again, the Doles (sis-in-law et al.) went all out for the bash by preparing a feastful spread fit for a BBQ king and renting a huge jumpy house equiped with slide.  The kids had a blast! 

Here's Faith for her obligatory Happy Birthday pose by the cake.  Unfortunately, she was less than amused by the strange birthday rituals - the weird fuzzy hat, the roomful of people singing - but her bursts of tears made for such a cute video! 

 

Since it was the special occasion, I decided to splurge and buy Bella and Maddie matching outfits for the party.  Only when they're young can I get away with dressing them in matching dresses without having them at each others' throats.  I'm sure I'll deal with plenty of bouts of sibling rivalry in future years. 

Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (34) Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (38)
My girls

Faiths 1st Bday in Vegas (40)
All My Children


And for my mother who misses seeing the live action of her second grand-daughter, here's a clip of Miss Maddie enjoying some playful banter with daddy:

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez