Well, it was inevitable. Despite the great lengths we go to in our household to prevent illness - shots, tissues, aggressive hand-washing, handitizer (which is what Bella calls hand sanitizer), antibacterial wipes - who would have guessed that the first person to get sick in our family this winter season would be Maddie? Poor little thing is completely congested and has had trouble sleeping.
She must have gotten it from our nanny, who was sick on Friday because no one else seems to be ill. I could be peeved at this fact, but I keep reminding myself that we've been blessed with having a nanny to begin with, knowing that other children must endure colds at much younger ages because they're in daycare. I remember Bella didn't have her first cold until well past her first year.
Maddie's fever has only hit 101.4, whereas Bella used to spike fevers up to 104.7 degrees! Scary! Also, Bella's fevers never responded to Tylenol alone. We always had to alternate between Motrin and Tylenol until the fever subsided. Thank goodness Maddie's fever went away with just Tylenol.
We weren't planning on having a sick baby this season so I had to make an emergency run to the local drug store to purchase what I needed. Once I got there, I realized I knew nothing about what to give a 7 month old for a cold. It's funny how quickly you forget all the basics you once knew from your first child. Anyway, after a quick refresher with the pharmacist (yes, I've forgotten all the pharmacy stuff, too), practically everything is contraindicated in infants her age so I walked away with only saline drops and Benadryl. poor baby.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better...
Kids Being Silly
13 years ago




3 comments:
Awww poor maddie!! Benadryl is a wonderful thing! Helps young babies sleep and dries out their nose so they can breath. I love that stuff.
Poor Maddie indeed. Thank God her fever never spiked as high as Bella's, how awful! Hope Maddie feels better and atleast everyone else in the family is healthy.
aw no! hope maddie is already on the road to recovery! it's never fun when the little ones are sick. :(
Post a Comment