Thursday, October 6, 2005

8 Weeks Old - You're Outta Here!

at Thursday, October 06, 2005
Today marks another milestone in Bella's development. Last night Jin and I transferred her into her own crib to sleep. Since birth, she has been sleeping in the small cosleeper next to our bed. But since we had heard many stories from parents who's children refuse to sleep in their own crib, we thought we'd try to transfer her sooner rather than later.
By 9pm she was taking her final bottle for the evening. We gently laid her in her crib and played the Projector Light Show on the ceiling (a wonderful gift compliments of my brother, Uncle Henry). She was immediately entranced with the lights and bird noises. We left her alone in the crib around 10pm and she was sound asleep a few minutes later. What a relief! We thought we would have to endure another meltdown, but she was so well-behaved. In fact, she slept until 4:30am (almost as long as last night).
Jin and I can finally enjoy some late night TV in our room, talk without whispering at night, and walk without being afraid of making too much noise for fear of waking her.
Nevertheless, I admit I will miss having her next to me in our room. Seeing her sunshine face in the morning when I rise is one of the highlights of my day. *Sigh* I guess this also marks a milestone for us as parents. Our instinctive nature as parents tells us to protect our young and to have them near at all times, but learning to let go, even by allowing them small steps such as sleeping alone, will be one of the toughest challenges for me as a parent. How do parents deal with their children going away for college? I might be in trouble...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez