Each year Bella inevitably gets a grand celebration for her birthday. We celebrated her first birthday in Hawaii with the family:
Her second birthday was at The Little Gym:
This year, in an effort to minimize the craziness, we decided to hold her 3rd birthday party at a pizza parlor. We invited many of her school friends and others and had a great turnout. At the last minute, I decided it would be prudent to plan a few activities. After all, little 3-4 year-old children have an attention span of about 1 minute, and the last thing I wanted were children tearing down the place because they were bored. So to pre-empt this, we pasted black and white pictures of Little Mermaid characters on the table (Ariel is her current obsession so that was the theme for the party) and set out markers for the kids to color.
Once all the guests arrived, we played a few games like Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. I wasn't sure about the age-appropriateness of this game since we had a range of ages from 2-6 year old. But the kids loved it. Oddly enough, most of the kids were able to mount the tail squarely on the donkey's rear, which makes me wonder whether the children were cheating...
Next, we had Ariel and Flounder temporary tattoos for the kids. When I announced that we were putting on tattoos, the children clamored and clawed to be the first in line. But since it was Bella’s birthday, she was designated to be first. Who knew some stupid tattoos were so desired by little kids? Fifteen tattoos and 8 kids later, I began to get nervous that I would run out of tattoos. I didn’t quite think ahead and had given some children more than one character. I felt the tension of an angry mob rising upon me. Thankfully, some of the kids got tired of waiting and wandered off without getting one. Next time, come with extra tattoos!
Here are some other pictures of her party:
0 comments:
Post a Comment