There, Maddie stood, with Bella holding her from behind, her teeth still lodged in Bella's hand. Maddie bit her! And not just bit, but bit and nearly drew blood! Her incisors left deep pits in Bella's flesh. Poor Bella! Once Maddie unlatched her fangs, she looked at us with a smirk and walked away. Upon examining Bella's wound, it seemed the skin was still intact. No blood was visible. Thank goodness we didn't need to make a trip to ER for a tetanus shot.
Then I went to deal with Maddie. She was cautiously moving about the family room, trying not to attract much attention to herself. I quickly recounted the disciplining tips for effective time-outs. Get down to their eye level. Calmly explain why they're in trouble. Lead them to the time-out corner. Maddie sensed her impending doom and tried to make a quick getaway into the living room, which is precisely where I wanted her to go: into the corner, facing the wall. Of course, Maddie had other plans. She squirmed and wrestled, fiercely kicking her little legs. She fought with the ferocity of a warrior in battle, dodging my advances, and swatting off my arms. Soon, she was wailing and sobbing the most pitiful cry. My heart couldn't take it. Behind her strong will and stubbornness, she was still my baby. I scooped her up in my arms and began to soothe her. So much for discipline.
Here are some recent pictures taken of Maddie and Bella. I think it pretty much sums up the crazy antics in this household.
1 comments:
hahaha! looks like bella is enjoying this! they're so cute! such funny pictures!
Post a Comment