Sunday, December 5, 2010

Birthday Weekend

at Sunday, December 05, 2010
I must have selective memory because until yesterday morning, I was absolutely convinced that I was turning 35 this year. But things weren't adding up. This is 2010 and I was born in 1974. So after carefully recounting on my fingers and toes, it was confirmed. I'm turning 36.

This has several implications for me. Not only am I not one year younger than what my conscience was telling me, but I'm actually one year closer to the dreaded 4-0. In addition, my friend, Cathy, also pointed out that 35 was the age her mother was when she as a child developed vivid memories of her childhood past. So now that I've been 35 for the entire past year, I realize this means that I've been unwittingly and permanently scarring my young children with memories that I thought they hadn't yet formed. So this year, I pay tribute to me being a better mom and to my children, who will from this day forward, have nothing but wonderful memories of their mother!  Haha, yeah right.
Oldie, but still goodie
 Jin surprised me with dinner sans kids at La Mar Restaurant in SF with a few of our friends (he probably thought it was my big 35th birthday). No one brought their kids and it was nice for a moment to share in the peace of a nice dinner among friends without interruptions from all the half-pints.
Nine course meal of delicious Peruvian fare
the crew: cuini/tony; erika/rich; cathy/marcus
my honey
 


Thanks for coming, everyone!

Later that week, we had cake at home with the kids. Needless to say, someone took charge of the candle-blowing duties once again this year. I wonder what it'll be like once Maddie realizes it's fun, too?
I love how Maddie cranes her neck and opens wide for food
yummy cake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez