I can't say for sure how long I stayed in the recovery room, but as soon as I could, I requested to see my baby. She was taken to the Intensive Care Nursery for IV antibiotics. This was done as a precautionary measure to prevent my infection from affecting her.
There, she is perfectly nestled in a bed waiting for mommy to arrive!
What an amazing feeling to hold your own baby in your arms!
Proud Daddy! My, your head looks GIGANTOR next to Bella's!
I can't believe how little she is!
She's born with a full set of hair. Do you see her natural brown highlights on the side?
The days to follow are honestly a blur. Between the exhaustion from sleep deprivation and recovery from my surgery, I don't remember much. I was groggy from the anesthesia for the first day but I insisted on breastfeeding. So Jin wheeled me to the ICN every 3-4 hours (during the night, too) where I attempted to breastfeed Bella. My milk did not come in for the first 2 days, but Bella was an avid eater and went to my breast frequently. Eventually, by day 3, my milk had fully come in. I have MILK JUGS!! Va-Va-Voom!




0 comments:
Post a Comment