From the sound of her voice, I assumed the sky was falling. Instead, she ran in holding Bella at arms length away from her body. Apparently, Bella had taken a massive crap that exploded out of the diaper and up her back and chest. I couldn't help by laugh at my mother's extreme reaction. It was poop for goodness sake, not radioactive plutonium!
Jin and I quickly took the baby and cleaned her off. This was a good opportunity to give her a bath. Bella loves bathtime! She quietly sits in the water-filled sink with a look of contentment as if to say, "Hey, I used to be in water all the time in mommy's belly!"
Then we quickly wrap her in a towel to dry her off:

I love bathtime - the towel is oh-so-soft!

Ok, I'm getting a little cold. Where is my binkey?

WAHHHHH!!! I'm a baby! I cry for no reason! WAHHHHH!!!
Even though this was a funny scenario, Bella's bowels continued to be irritated for the next few days. I was convinced this had something to do with my antibiotics that was going to my breastmilk. So we decided to try to find an alternative formula until I completed my course of antibiotics.
I love bathtime - the towel is oh-so-soft!
Ok, I'm getting a little cold. Where is my binkey?
WAHHHHH!!! I'm a baby! I cry for no reason! WAHHHHH!!!
Even though this was a funny scenario, Bella's bowels continued to be irritated for the next few days. I was convinced this had something to do with my antibiotics that was going to my breastmilk. So we decided to try to find an alternative formula until I completed my course of antibiotics.
Over the next few days, we tried several formulas. First, we used Enfamil but the watery, explosive stools continued. Then we tried a hypoallergenic Similac formula but she would consistently burp most of the liquid when burping her. One night, as Jin fed her in the dark, she burped up formula all over his arm. He sat frozen in shock until I was able to come and wipe the mess off.
We finally settled back on the Enfamil formula because her diarrhea was probably from the antibiotic and had likely resolved. She tolerated the Enfamil with ease, but I decided to return to breastmilk because I was finished with my antibiotics. At least we had an alternative formula that she liked in case I couldn't provide breastmilk.




0 comments:
Post a Comment