I've noticed that several of my friends have developed a sudden enthusiasm to travel great distances to "spend time" or "hang out" with me (no names will be mentioned to protect their identity, Agnes, Cuini and Danny). Fortunately for me, I see through their muse. I know your acts of kindness and friendship are really disguising your true motive to gaffaw at the great frizzy hair nest on my head. So, to put everyone's curiosity at ease, I will post a picture online for only a limited engagement viewing. Only those lucky enough to be online at the precise moment will have the honor of viewing.
In the meantime, I have heeded the advice of my fellow friends and have decided to try dealing with my new fro instead of fighting it. Today I actually let my hair air-dry instead of brushing it through like the days before. The curls actually look ok. I can't say I like it yet - I still ghasp in horror every morning when I see my reflection in the mirror - but at least it's growing on me.
I will be venturing out today to purchase some essential curly-haired hair products, like a diffuser, John Freida's Frizz-Ease Hair Serum (I hear this product is amazing), and a large toothed comb. All you ladies out there who have any other suggestions on how to tame my mane, please send me your input!




0 comments:
Post a Comment