Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

at Saturday, November 28, 2009


This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at home with Jin's entire family.  Because we had three little girls in town - Cousin Faith, Bella and Maddie - the house continually bustled with the sounds of little running feet (and one noisy Jumperoo).  What fun!  




Hungry-hungry Hippos and the Resurrected Dora Car seemed to be crowd-pleasers for the weekend.



When things got boring, Bella hammed it up as usual and entertained us with her singing, hundreds of costume changes, and other strange antics.  I wonder where she gets that from...  
Poor Uncle Sun was the DDD, designated Dora driver.  He logged in hundreds of yards as he pushed the kids, sometimes stranger's kids, all weekend long across the friction of the plush carpet.  Great tricep workout.  Which might explain why he slept every chance he got.  Or maybe he was just extremely tired from all the food.
Speaking of food, this year I gladly relented to the cooking gods at Whole Foods and bought a fully-cooked dinner for 8, with an 18 pound organic turkey and trimmings.  I wish I could say that the food was delicious, but aside from the well-cooked bird and convenience of not slaving all day in the kitchen, I wouldn't say that the dinner was a complete success.  Thanksgiving just isn't the same if you're not pigging out on good (homemade) food.
But the pictures look great from my new 50 mm SLR camera!  Funny how a nice camera makes everything look great.  
  
Traditional picture of Uncle Ed carving the bird. *bawk!*
And some pictures of the girls:




  
Cousin Faith - I couldn't resist the last photo! It's just too darn cute!


2 comments:

christine's blog on December 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM said...

we did a whole foods turkey this year too! i was surprised that it tasted pretty good... could have to do with me slathering the herb butter ALL over the bird before i heated it. ;) what's not to love about butter?!

Agnes Hsu on December 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM said...

Look at Maddie's two little teeth, they're so cute! Can't say I blame you for getting a pre-made dinner while hosting kids and adults for the whole weekend.

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez