Good Morning, Little Monkeys!! Mommy misses you very much. How did you sleep?
I spent the night on a luxurious plane with a remote controlled reclining bed. As nice as that sounds, it was actually quite uncomfortable! Plus the upper deck plane seems to experience quite a bit of turbulence so the plane was rocking back and forth, up and down all night long! Anyway, despite all that, I was able to sleep a solid 5 hours. That's good enough for one night (for adults, that is. Kids need 9-10 hours of sleep a night).
Did you know that the time changes as you travel east or west? So for instance, right now, I'm writing to you 11:30 AM London time. Guess what time it is in San Francisco? 3:30 AM in the middle of the night! London is exactly 8 hours ahead of time from San Francisco. So when you read this at 7:00 AM San Francisco time, it's actually 3:00 PM in the afternoon in London! Cool, uh?
Do you know why the time is different across the world? I'll give you a hint: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. If you have trouble figuring out the answer, ask Dad to explain.
This also explains why even in our own home, the sun shines into the house differently, at different times! Which bedroom window has the most sunlight in the morning? If you answer correctly, there's a surprise waiting for you there...
Good luck!
Love xoxo,
Mommy
0 comments:
Post a Comment