Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 3: Final Day in London

at Monday, September 16, 2013
Today was my final day in London so Monkey and I went on a whirlwind tour of the city.  Thankfully, the rain stopped and the sun was shining.  The temperature was still quite cold so Monkey and I had to bundle up!
getting ready for some fun!
First, we went to the London Bridge.  You know that nursery rhyme, "London Bridge" ("London bridge is falling down, falling down..."?  This is the bridge they're singing about in the song.  Don't ask me why the song is about a bridge collapsing to the ground. I don't know the answer.

London Tower and Bridge
Then, I took the train up to northern England to meet some work friends.  Here we are at the train station ready for our train.
waiting for our train to Macclesfield near Manchester
Monkey relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful landscapes of the English countryside while I tried to do some work.



For dinner, my work friends took me out to an authentic (that means, real) English pub where I had a traditional dinner: Fish and chips, Bella's favorite!  It tasted very similar to the American version, so I'm glad that ours is just as good. Otherwise, we'd have to come all the way to England just to get good fish and chips! Since it was pub, Dad will like this, I tried a sampling of locally brewed ales (beer).  All of them were good, although I really can't tell the difference between good and bad beer.  Even Monkey wanted a taste, but I said, "No, no, monkey. This is for adults only." He obediently complied (that means, he was a good listener and followed my directions).


Have you guys been good listeners? If so, then your next clue is to follow your ears and listen to the music.  Where can you make music? Maddie and Bella can "chew" on this prize together.

Good luck!

Love,
Mommy xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez