Friday, September 23, 2005

Bella Bjorn

at Friday, September 23, 2005
Today Bella has been exceptionally "piggie". She slept well last night (sleeping almost 7 hours without waking to eat) which meant today she ate like a 500 pound sumo wrestler (ok, slight exaggeration). Anyway, she ate almost 5 ounces every 2 hours.

My sister-in-law, Won, bought us a Baby Bjorn which is a baby carrier that you strap to your waist and allows you to carry your baby hands-free. We haven't tried it yet because she was too small, but today I thought I'd give it a whirl.

She was snoozing after her usual bottle of milk so I gently laid her on top of a pile of blankets on the couch. I sat her upright in the sitting position because I was trying to develop her neck and back muscles.

I went to strap on the Bjorn, adjusting the straps to fit my body and I must have forgotten that poor Bella was on the couch, reclining. When I went to pick her up to place in the Bjorn, her body had slipped down the slippery leather couch and lay twisted, head-down on the couch!



At first, I gasped in horror at the thought of me leaving my baby unattended. But then I noticed that she was sound asleep. No harm, no foul! Whew! I quickly repositioned her so the blood that pooled in her head would redistribute.
Lesson #2: Never leave your baby unattended! Ooops!

Anyway, the Bjorn works AWESOME! I recommend it to any new parents. Here's what it looks like:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
 

The Misadventures of Mommy Mayhem Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez