Last weekend Jin and I had the pleasure of going to Washington D.C. to attend the wedding of our good friends, Benjy Lin and Jean Kim. We had an absolute blast partying with old friends, drinking like we were being hazed, passing out from excessive alcohol consumption....Good times.
Actually, the reality is that our bodies are way too old to partake in such debauchery and that we were in bed by 11pm (PST) each night. However, the good news is that we both slept consecutively for 9+ hours! What an awesome feeling!
We were only gone from Friday to Sunday, but it felt like an eternity being apart from our little girl. I think I called home at least 10 times during our trip. Fortunately for me, we tugged along our camcorder so I was able to play back clips of her when I missed her the most. Unfortunately for my friends, the camcorder (and the pictures I had recently developed) had become my new best friend. Anytime anyone mentioned my baby, I whipped out the photos or replayed the video clips. I realized I had become one of those annoying mothers who talked incessantly about her child and oogled over anything and everything that had to do with her baby. Well, I guess that's what happens with motherhood...
There were many other babies at the wedding. Some were small toddlers, others were infants. It's such a wonder watching so many babies. You begin to quickly realize that despite having many instinctive similarities, babies really are all VERY unique. They all make different noises, have different mannerisms and different temperaments.
As I watched all the other babies and toddlers, I couldn't help but compare Bella to them all. Yep, she's still the cutest! At least in my eyes, of course! And I'm sure the mothers of the other babies would agree that their baby was the cutest, as well. I guess this is nature's way of ensuring that no matter how frustrated you were with your baby, or how badly the baby behaved, the baby's cute-factor would instinctively draw the mother to it. That's what also happens with motherhood...
Kids Being Silly
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment